Saturday, October 20, 2007

Maker Faire


Thanks to the folks at the Maker Faire for having me play. The Maker Faire is a festival for creative inventors. It is usually held in San Francisco, but was held in Austin, TX for the first time. Some of the highlights was a demonstation from the 17 year old kid who hacked the iphone before anyone else did, a huge mentos and diet coke explosion display by the team who first You Tubed the idea, and a ferris wheel that rolls around freely on the ground. My favorite invention was a tiny remote control keychain with one button that can turn off any TV in the world ( in airports, malls, etc. ). I felt a little undeserving to be there since I didn't invent anything, but I suppose that I invented the songs I performed. I look forward to going again next year.

1 comment:

raina rose said...

you're awesome. did you know?
i am so stoked to see terlingua and play songs with you in december.
then i will take some of your love to portland.
yeah.
love
me